How to acquire a Union License

It’s crucial to comprehend the procedures required to formally document your marriage, whether you’ve just gotten married or have plans for the future. The specific requirements for obtaining a marriage license vary by state, but they are all the same: both applicants must be in person, have full legal names ( both the bride and groom ) and their ages ( lower and over age 18 are permitted, depending on your state ), proof of residency ( such as an identity card, passport, or state/federal Id), and either birth certificate or divorce decree, if applicable.

After you take your vows, your priest signs the marriage passport during the service. To receive your Extended document within five days of your wedding, you must present your completed certificate to the city clerk’s office for a “records room” appointment that you reserved in advance.

The standard state report of your bride, your matrimony diploma, serves as proof that you are constitutionally wed. It contains details about the couple, such as their lawful name, the day and location of the bride, and the service officiant. Many things, such as submitting it to the Social security administration to have your past title changed or filing combined duty returns, can be done with a certified copy of your relationship certificate. It might also be necessary for another legal paperwork and services, such as a driver’s license.